[argobots-discuss] ULT scheduler switching to Tasklet

Iwasaki, Shintaro siwasaki at anl.gov
Fri Dec 7 12:29:51 CST 2018

Hi, Polykarpos,

Thank you for your comment.
Currently, schedulers do not manage `ABT_self_xxx` (specifically `lp_ABTI_local->p_thread`); they are only for non-scheduler ULTs.
It includes not only the type you mentioned, but also the descriptor (i.e., `ABT_thread_self`) for example.

This behavior change is introduced by the following commit:
https://github.com/pmodels/argobots/commit/6b07ca2918e6bacbb7febb1706452701da4eb939)
I note that they are not managed correctly even in the previous version.

This change was for performance; it can reduce the overheads of the `lp_ABTI_local` management.

Are you using this functionality?
If you think this functionality is useful, we will implement it. Even if not, we still need to clarify this specification.
We will appreciate it if you make an GitHub issue about it.

Thank you,
Shintaro Iwasaki