[argobots-discuss] How to yield a running Xstream?

Shintaro Iwasaki shintaro.iwasaki.work at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:37:01 CST 2022

Hi Raghav,

> In this scenario, is it possible to signal the thread to yield to the
xstream?
No. The official Argobots does not support this.

We wrote a research paper on preemptive context switch using ABT_thread
(i.e., automatic context switching without modifying thread's function).
This work open-sources an artifact, so you can try it for a research
purpose (but again, it is not officially supported by Argobots and not ETA
for this feature).
S. Shiina et al, Lightweight Preemptive User-Level Threads, PPoPP '21

Thanks,
Shintaro