[argobots-discuss] Writing recursive task parallel program with argobots

Shintaro Iwasaki shintaro.iwasaki.work at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:08:32 CDT 2021

Hi Raghav,

Thank you for using Argobots!

Yes, in this case, please use ABT_thread. I understand that the naming is
extremely confusing, but ABT_thread (=user-level threads) works as a task
in typical HPC fine-grained task-parallel programs. Other libraries used
for task parallel programs also use "threads" for task implementations
(Qthreads, MassiveThreads, ...). You can consider ABT_task (=tasklet) as a
special user-level thread that cannot yield. The Argobots paper (Argobots:
A Lightweight Low-Level Threading and Tasking Framework) describes
the details.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask here!

Thanks,
Shintaro