[argobots-discuss] Writing recursive task parallel program with argobots

Raghav Gupta raghav18076 at iiitd.ac.in
Thu Oct 7 13:25:02 CDT 2021

Hi,

I am trying to use argobots for writing a recursive task parallel program.

I have taken a very simple recursive task program example, where I am
creating a parent argobot task which creates two child argobots tasks and
then waits for them by calling ABT_task_free(). When I run this program
with one xstream I find that it doesn't terminate. *(Code snippet - *
https://gist.github.com/raghav0307/9252fc7b568bc35baab29bdc9da70618* )*

My understanding is that this is because the parent task never yields the
xstream to the child tasks, and hence the program gets stuck.

This program terminates when I use argobot threads instead of
argobot tasks. Could someone point me to why this is not working with
argobot tasks?

Best,
Raghav