[argobots-discuss] Take a task out of an Argobot pool?

Amer, Abdelhalim aamer at anl.gov
Wed Feb 27 11:27:47 CST 2019

Hi Quincey,

What you are describing is the role of the scheduler. The scheduler is
the one that is responsible for pulling user-level threads (ULTs) and
tasklets from pools and executing them. Think of a scheduler as a
Pthread. A quick description of how schedulers work can be found at
https://github.com/pmodels/argobots/wiki/Scheduler. You can also
checkout an example of how a work stealing scheduler could be
implemented in `test/basic/sched_user_ws.c` manually.

Halim
www.mcs.anl.gov/~aamer